Articles & White Papers
Our team is passionate about sharing the knowledge we've gained over the years with others. Below you'll find resources that may be useful in your personal and organizational development.
Strategic Planning For Financial Results
In an article published for the November 2011 issue of Franchising World by the International Franchise Association, Harry Loyle and Ashley Breidenbach describe the positive impact business leaders can have on their organization when they answer 10 simple questions.
Is Owning Your Own Business Really Worth It?
Harry Loyle examines the ways an entrepreneur receives remuneration and value from a small business. You'll discover the benefits of balancing current earnings with long term equity. Owning your own business can be fun and rewarding, but is it worth it?
By: Thomas Donohue, President & CEO of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
October 14, 2009
By: Kelly K Spors, Wall Street Journal
February 23, 2009
News & Press Releases
- "Dayton private equity firm acquires Troy company"
- "Brixey & Meyer Capital Announces Final Closing of the BMC Growth Fund."
- "15 Dayton-area companies make 2016 Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies"
- "Dayton-area capital fund makes fifth investment"
- "Send Word Now Acquires One Call Now"
- "One Call Now: 2015 Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies "
- "Dayton-area VC fund commits to four startups"
- "One Call Now moving headquarters as it grows with acquisition"
- "Dayton pet care company acquires 2 firms"
- "Childcare Franchise Rainbow Academy Rebrands as Lightbridge Academy Ahead of Regional Growth"
- "A Survival Course for the Leaders of Companies in Pain - Aileron Helps Business Owners Put Companies On Track"
- "Connor Group Makes Second Acquisition in Nashville"
- "Step Up Your Educational-Networking Game"
- "EndoSphere: Fierce 15 Award Winner"
- "MLA's Morgan Honored as Top CFO"
- "Ohio TechAngels Support Tech Start-Ups"
- "How Walking the Dog Became a Franchise"
- "How You Know It's Time to Find an Investor"
- "Dayton Investors Buy Stake in Fetch!"
- "Veteran Franchise Investors Place Stake in Leading Pet Care Franchise"
- "Is Private Equity Right For You? FAQs for Multi-Unit Operators Seeking Capital in 2011"
- "A Mantra For Change - Tell and Show"
- "How I Financed My Franchise: Three Franchisees Share Their Stories"
- "Re-Do Your Rent: Renegotiating a Contract Can Save You Money. Here’s How To Do It"
- "Leadership By Necessity: Be Careful, You Might Get What You Wish For"
- "Case Study: How MotoPhoto Developed its Sale"
Dayton Development Coalition
The Dayton Development Coalition is the regional economic development and advocacy organization whose mission is to support job creation and prosperity for the citizens of the Dayton Region.
International Franchise Association
Since 1960, the International Franchise Association has represented and protected the interests of the franchise community as well as the American entrepreneurial spirit.
This online resource contains educational content and tools to help empower the individual investor. It attracts millions of visitors per month hungry to improve their financial understanding.
Ohio Means Business
The Ohio Business Development Coalition is a nonprofit organization charged with developing and executing a targeted, proactive sales and marketing strategy to position Ohio for aggressive competition for business investment and expansion opportunities.
SCORE - Counselors to America's Small Business
SCORE is a national association dedicated to helping small business owners form and grow their businesses. They provide a personal business coach to help you with each step.
Small Business Administration
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) was created in 1953 as an independent agency of the federal government to aid, counsel, assist and protect the interests of small business concerns, to preserve free competitive enterprise and to maintain and strengthen the overall economy of our nation.